Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

Hi there!

I knew today was going to be a good day when I made the most perfect blueberry pancakes this morning! They weren't burnt, and they weren't undercooked! It made me feel pretty accomplished before the day had even started.

This morning was also quite warm and sunny, so I thought I'd wear a warm and sunny outfit to match!

I love the bright, pretty color of this dress, and I'm obsessed with the applique at the top! I actually got this dress at Goodwill. My husband has shopped at Goodwill for electronics for the past couple of years, but I'd never thought to look there for clothing until my sister introduced me to it a few months ago. (Shout out to my sister! ;]) Let me tell you, it's pretty addicting. Sometimes we have to dig a little bit to find something we like, but I would say that about 80% of the time we walk out of there with something we can't wait to add to our closets!


Dress Goodwill: Kay Unger New York // Belt Goodwill // Heels DSW: Tahari (Winter 2012) // Earrings Charlotte Russe (Summer 2013, $1.99 for pack of 3)

My dress was priced at $9.99, but it was Sunday, AKA Student Discount Day, so I got it for 25% off and only paid $7.50 for it! I wasn't familiar with the label, Kay Unger New York, but I did some research and let's just say $7.50 was a STEAL!

I kept the accessories pretty simple. I paired my dress with these white flower earrings to match the applique on the dress. I bought these a few weeks ago from Charlotte Russe. They were on clearance and came with 2 other pairs of earrings for only $1.99! I also wore a gold belt cinched at my waist because the dress is just a little loose-fitting.


Here's a close up of the detailing on the applique. . .it's my favorite part!


I completed my outfit with these nude pumps because I thought black would be too harsh against the bright color of the dress. These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes! They are so comfy, and I love the little wave on the sides of the shoe. Nude colored shoes also help make legs look longer! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment