Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day to Night

Hi there!

I recently graduated from college, and am now working full time in an office that has a business-casual dress code. Since I'm wearing "business-casual" clothing 5 days a week now, when I go shopping I look for pieces that I can easily transition from day to night. When I get home in the evenings, I'd rather quickly change part of my outfit then have to come up with something entirely new!

My outfit for work today was this:

Cardigan H&M (Spring 2012) // Cami Charlotte Russe (Winter 2013) // Sleeveless Blouse Goodwill: Full Tilt // Pants H&M (Spring 2012) // Earrings World Market (Winter 2012) // Flats DSW: Adrienne Vittadini (Winter 2013)

When I got home, I was able to just quickly change into some shorts and a pair of sandals and I was ready to go to dinner at a friend's house with my husband. Voila! ;)

Cami Charlotte Russe (Winter 2013) // Sleeveless Blouse Goodwill: Full Tilt // Shorts Kohl's: SO (Summer 2013, 50% off) // Earrings World Market (Winter 2012) // Sandals DSW: Unisa (Spring 2013)

I wear this little cardigan to work all the time. It covers my shoulders so I can wear it on top of a sleeveless shirt, but it is also short-sleeved and very thin so I don't get too warm when I wear it. I also like that it hits right at the waist. It has a very flattering fit.

(I wear flats whenever I wear pants because I am never satisfied with the way heels look! I always feel like the hem of my pants are too long or too short!) 

Fun fact: I bought my very first pair of white shorts last summer! I never had a pair growing up because my mom thought I'd get them way too dirty way too fast (OK, she was probably right). I love them now though! They can really make the colors in an outfit pop, and they make my legs look more tan--I'll take all of the help I can get! I bought this pair of shorts from Kohl's last week for 50% off!


No comments:

Post a Comment