Sunday, September 29, 2013

This Weekend's Theme: Flowers, Lace, and Red Moccasins

Hi there!

If you don't mind, I'd like to start tonight's post talking about some shopping I did this weekend! I didn't have too much extra spending money lying around (apparently September is a popular month for birthdays!), but I ventured out on Saturday morning and managed to find a few great deals!

Dress Goodwill: Fun & Flirty ($9.99) // Leopard Platform Heels Charlotte Russe ($6.99, Clearance) // Red Moccasins DSW: Minnetonka ($7.96, Clearance + 2 Member "Rewards" Coupons) // Bracelets Charlotte Russe ($3.00, "BOGO 1/2 Off Happy Hour")

I got a dress, 2 pairs of shoes, and a bracelet stack for only $27.94 (before tax)!

The dress is by Fun & Flirty, which I am not familiar with, so I have no idea where it originally came from. The color is perfect for fall though, and it has flowy sleeves that are pretty unique. I can't wait to wear it with black leggings or skinny jeans with a pair of boots! I will admit that my husband and I went to 4 different Goodwills on Saturday morning, and this was the only item I purchased from there. Some days I have much better luck than others!

Now on to what I actually wore this weekend!

Saturday
Shirt, Cami, Earrings & Boots Wet Seal (Old) // Cardigan H&M (Spring 2012) // Jeans American Eagle // Necklace Forever 21 (Old)

I didn't think to take a picture of it until too late, but the shirt I am wearing in this picture is a racer-back tank, and is longer in the back than it is in the front ("mullet", or "high-low" shirt). The front of the shirt combines leopard print with a rose pattern. The dark colors make it perfect for fall! I paired it with a necklace I remember buying from Forever 21 back in high school! I was crazy obsessed with costume jewelry in high school, but I only have a few pieces left anymore. This is one of them!


These pink rose earrings from Wet Seal matched the pink roses on my shirt!

Sunday
Shirt Forever 21 (Hand-me-down=Free!) // Cami Charlotte Russe (Summer 2013) // Lace Sweater Wet Seal (Winter 2011) // Jeans American Eagle // Moccasins DSW: Minnetonka ($7.96, Fall 2013) // Earrings Francesca's (Spring 2013)

When I got dressed this morning, I stuck to yesterday's theme of flowers and lace! The difference today, though, was that I added my new red moccasins to the mix! They are super comfortable and didn't bother my feet at all after walking around all day in them. I did notice that sometimes they squeak a little loudly, but that seemed to only be when I was walking around on linoleum floors.
 



Thank you for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment