Friday, November 1, 2013

Rainbow Brite

Hi there! Happy November!


I am so excited it's the weekend! I wore some bright, happy colors to match my mood. :)

Sweater Goodwill: Old Navy ($5.99) // Cami Wet Seal // Necklace Charlotte Russe (Fall 2013, $10.99) // Jeans Macy's: Silver Jeans Co. // Shoes The Cinnamon Stick: Tom's (Summer 2012, Clearance)

I liked matching the orange necklace to match the top stripes of the shirt, and wearing pink shoes to match the cami I had peaking out underneath the sweater! Does this count as ombre?

I can't believe it's already November 1! Michael and I have already been married for 5 months! I feel like we got back from our Honeymoon a week ago!

I have always been really focused on the future. I am always looking ahead and focusing on the next big thing. I'm only 23, and I need to slow down and focus more on the present, appreciating what is already surrounding me! In order to help me do that, I'm going to do a "30 Days of Thanksgiving" here on my blog. Each day through the month of November, I will write a little bit about something for which I am feeling especially thankful. Some days, it might be something big, and other days, it might be something small. Today is something small!
________________________________________________________________________________________

The gym at my apartment complex where I live is supposed to open at 6 AM. This morning, I waited outside until 6:15, and nobody ever showed up to unlock the door. At first, I was really grumpy about the whole situation and thought my whole day would be off track because I didn't get my workout in. Then, I remembered that I have an Employee Gym at my work that I could use at the end of the day. I also realized that NOT working out this morning gave me extra time to get ready--meaning I could actually blow dry my hair for once after my shower (and that's an arm workout in itself!) 

On my drive in to the office, I realized I forgot to bring socks! I sheepishly asked one of my coworkers if she happened to have a spare pair of socks...and she did! She let me borrow them, and I was able to go to the gym after all!

Today I am thankful for. . . .
  • A job that grants its employees free access to a gym
  • The extra time I had this morning to blow dry my hair (it felt sooooo soft all day!)
  • A coworker who has spare socks at work. . .and lets me borrow them! :)
What are you thankful for today? :)

Thank you for reading!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment