Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16, 2015

5 Good Things About the Last Few Days


1. On Wednesday night, our Highschool small group met up for the first time in 2015! Last Fall, Michael and I started leading a small group together for the first time, and I am so excited for a new weekly study with an awesome group of people! Our topics this week included bearing spiritual fruit, meditating, and spending more time talking to God. We even have a memory verse for the week: "For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction." (Psalm 1:6) I have a hard time memorizing scripture, but I am hoping to get better at it this year!


2. On Thursday, Amy and I went to a "Mixed Aerial Arts for Newbies" class that was soooo much fun! We were introduced to silks, lyra, and trapeze! I have absolutely zero history of gymnastics, strong abs, or anything involving heights (not even monkey bars in elementary school, people), so I definitely wasn't look too graceful out there haha but I learned a lot, and already want to go back. . .well, maybe after my triceps recover! ;)


Our instructor, Lindsay, and Amy hanging upside down on the Trapeze!

3. I got to hang out with Amy before, during, and after the class. No better way to spend a Thursday night! :)

4. Today I managed to go to Yoga during my lunch break. We focused on stretching our calves and hamstrings, which felt amaaaaazing. I have a 10K Race on Sunday, and my legs definitely needed some extra stretch!

5. I caught up on The Mindy Project after work. That show cracks me up!!

What are 5 good things from your day? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment