Tuesday, March 25, 2014

On Mondays, We Dress Like Barbie

Hi there!

Tonight my weekly Women's Bible Study was cancelled because we are supposed to be getting hit with a crazy dust storm! My husband, undeterred by the weather report, is out "playing" with his hunting bow that was delivered to our doorstep today. Wind? Arrows? No problem! (Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. . .) Anyways, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do a little writing while I eat the little Egg and Cheese McMuffin I made myself for dinner. Speaking of fancy dinners, let's talk about getting dolled up for work!

I find it easier to dress up for work on Monday mornings than later in the week, say on Thursdays, because
  • I usually get enough sleep Sunday night, so I'm not dragging as much Monday mornings
  • I am a little more motivated at the beginning of the week 
  • I have clean clothes since I probably did laundry over the weekend
TGIM! Anyone?

Last month, I was super excited to find this black pencil skirt with white polka dots at H&M! I've realized that having only black or gray bottoms for work gets preeeetty boring. This skirt adds some spice to my closet's life! I was feeling inspired by Kate Spade, and thought this skirt would look darling styled with some bows and pink.

Top, Skirt, and Cardigan H&M | Shoes DSW | Bag and Earrings Francesca's | Watch Amazon

I wore my bow belt that orginally came with a different dress I have from H&M, as well as some small bow stud earrings that aren't visible in these pictures. The pink blouse on top made me feel a little like Barbie--not a bad thing. ;)


When I wear a pencil skirt, I like to wear something loose on top, like an open sweater, to help balance me out. The same principle works when I wear a form-fitting top--loose bottoms are always best.

Once I got to work, I realized the watch I was wearing is broken. Oh well. Even a broken watch is an accessory, amiright? After work, Michael and I went to the grocery store to stock up on produce because both of us want to get in the habit of incorporating more fruits and vegetables into all of our meals. After the grocery store we. . . . . . .went out for Mexican food. OK, not the greatest start, but I'm going to go cut up some produce to fill our fridge with RIGHT NOW!

Thank you so much for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment