Friday, July 25, 2014

My Summer So Far

Hi there!

Summer is in full swing -- the thermometer in my car yesterday said 116 on my way home from work. Some states get "Snow Days", so today I took the liberty of giving myself a "Hot Day" and used up some PTO. Happy 3 day weekend to me! ;)

This summer has already been a blast!
  • Michael's birthday, which we celebrated by going up North to fish with my in-laws
  • Shopping, swimming and a BBQ over the 4th of July
  • A conference with my church's high school group in Nashville, which was SO much fun!! My favorite part was hanging out with some awesome people! And learning how to play Banana-grams! And getting to see For King and Country live! And packing meals with Change This World! And hearing Greg Stier and Kyle Idleman speak!
  • Girls' nights out
  • Devouring BJ's new Peanut Butter S'mores Pizookie ohmygoodnessSOGOOD
  • Oh, and then there was the day our apartment flooded. . .and today we discovered it now has mold. . .but we'll just forget about that for a second :P
We have even more fun plans for the rest of the summer! I need to get better at taking pictures for the remainder of the summer. Writing this tonight has made me realize I have hardly been using my camera, unless you count my daily outfit posts on Instagram!! ;) Here are a couple of pictures that I do have of this summer so far:

A relaxing day spent fishing at peaceful Willow Springs!


 This is the cutest "fortune" I have ever gotten from a cookie before! Of course I got it when I was eating dinner with Michael. :)


This is inside of the hotel and convention center we stayed at in Nashville. It was like a mini-city inside of a huge dome, complete with a river running through it!

And here's my favorite joke I've heard so far this summer:
Q: Why do girls always hang out in odd numbers?
A: Because they can't even.

What have you been up to this summer? Heard any funny jokes? I'd love to hear them! :)

Thank you so much for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment