Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day at the Botanical Garden

Hello there!

When my husband asked what I wanted to do on New Years Day, I said the first thing that came to my mind: "See the Chihuly exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden!"

I love blown glass. I can't describe why, but I think it is so beautiful. I can spend an entire day in a glass gallery, looking at the exquisite designs and beautiful colors of the plates, vases, and figurines. Last year, Michael even surprised me by taking me to an "Intro to Blown Glass" class, where we made glass flowers to use as paper weights! When I heard the Chihuly glass exhibit was back in town, I knew we would have to go.

Today was the perfect day to go to the Desert Botanical Garden too! It's currently 70 degrees outside--is it seriously January 1?? Since we've been home, I've had this beef stew from Iowa Girl Eats simmering on the stove. . .oh man, the delicious smell of dinner has filled up our entire apartment and I am getting hungry!







Not made of glass, but I thought this flower was beautiful!

Shirt and Skirt Wet Seal (old) // Leggings Rue 21 // Boots Gift // Scarf Charming Charlie (December 2013, 2 for $10)

There are so many beautiful images of glass artwork that you can find online if you just Google "Chihuly"!

Thank you for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment