Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gray Shirt & Colorful Lights

Hi there!

Have I mentioned I'm addicted to candy corn this year? I bought a big bag of it to use to help decorate a dessert I made for a Halloween potluck. I ended up using about one small handful of candy corn. A big bag of candy corn - 1 handful of candy corn + 1 husband who doesn't like candy corn = a whoooole lot of candy corn for meeee! I'm telling myself I need the extra carbs for my run tomorrow morning.

Today's "Coast to Coast Challenge" on Instagram was to wear something grey. I had never participated in one of the challenges before, but I think it's a neat idea for a bunch of girls across the country to wear a certain color/accessory/piece of clothing on the same day, and then share their pictures and inspire each other on Instagram! I thought I would give it a try today. Surprise, surprise, I ended up wearing some bright pops of color with my gray "foundation" piece, which also happens to be my favorite long-sleeved shirt in my closet! This shirt is so dang comfy, I just love it!

Top, Scarf, and Cami Wet Seal (old) // Jeans Costco: Lucky Brand (Fall 2013, $29.99) // Shoes The Hub (Christmas 2010)

Did you notice that I bought my Lucky Brand jeans from Costco?! I can't believe it either! Thanks to my  Mom for finding them! :)


I picked up some Starbucks to help me get through a meeting this afternoon! My first holiday cup of the season! ;)

Today I am thankful for. . .
  • I somehow convinced my husband to go to a resort here in town to watch them light their Christmas Tree for the first time this year! I am so thankful he is willing to do cheesy things like this with me. :P They had tons of fun holiday-themed surprises throughout the resort, including Rockette-style dancers, Santa Claus, a train, snow, an ice skating rink (super rare in the Valley!), and 2 million lights on display! Here is the picture I posted on Instagram of my favorite light displays, plus the 45-foot tall tree:

  • I am thankful that it didn't rain on us when we were at the resort! We felt a few sprinkles on our heads, and I was afraid we were going to get rained out.
  • I made some headway on a big project I've been working on!
Thank you for reading!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment