Thursday, November 14, 2013

Silver Leopard + Reflections

Hi there!

Today I wore a fun shirt I picked up from Goodwill last weekend (for only $4.99)! I wore it with a bright pink necklace for that extra pop! of color. I kept my shoes black so the focus would be completely on the bright color of the necklace.To be honest, I was not a huge fan of wearing a gold-chained necklace with a silver shirt, but what can ya do?

 Top Goodwill: Allison Taylor ($4.99) // Jeans Kohl's: SO (Summer 2013, $8--Coupon + Sale) // Shoes DSW: Adrienne Vittadini (Winter 2013) // Necklace Nordstrom (Fall 2012)


I did, however, love it with my Harper Tassel Tote from Francesca's Collections! ;)



Is it me, or has every day this week felt like it's Friday??
P.S. It's still not Friday.

Today I am thankful for. . .
  • My husband for picking up pizza and a movie tonight! He called me to ask what kind I want, and when I didn't pick up the phone, he ordered both of my favorite kinds. Leftovers tomorrow! :)
  • The unexpected moments of reflection I had today. It started with telling some friends about midnight pizza runs I used to go on in college. . .in the snow (now I'm in a deep sleep waayyy before midnight most nights! And I also avoid any snow. Whatsoever.) My little trip down memory lane progressed when I saw not one, but two music videos posted on Facebook of songs I was obsesseeed with even farther back in my little history--highschool! (Rise Against. Lostprophets. Anyone? Anyone?) Both occurrences made me stop and think about what a different person I am now than I was just a few years ago. And for that, I am thankful. I am thankful for the woman I've become, because I've fought hard to become her. I was in a dark place just 3 years ago. I remember sitting in class--this was probably almost exactly 3 years ago from today--clenching my hands together as tight as I could because I could feel an anxiety attack randomly coming on and I didn't want anyone else to notice how badly my hands were shaking. I have no idea what the lecture was about that day, because I was too busy focusing on trying to breathe deeply. Afterwards, I sat out in my car in the parking lot and just cried. Through the healing process, there was a quote that I would read over and over again: "The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise." Today, I can look back and smile because this statement is true. I rose out of my "ashes" a better person than I was before. I'm far from perfect. I have so many goals and ambitions I have not yet achieved. But I'm thankful for those moments of brokenness 3 years ago because I am thankful for who I am now, and who I continue to become every single day--stumbles and all. I'm also thankful that my life didn't turn out the way I used to think I wanted it to. I'm thankful for the people in my life who have stood by the "Old Me" and the "Current Me" and I guarantee they'll be there for the "Future Me" too. And I am thankful that each morning brings a brand new day full of opportunities to learn and grow and have something to smile about.
Thank you for reading!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment