Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our Day at the Zoo

Hi there!

My husband said he couldn't believe his eyes this morning when I put together an outfit that was (almost) entirely black.

Jacket Charlotte Russe (Fall 2013) // Top Goodwill: Lush // Necklace Etsy: JGirlsJewels (Winter 2013, $17) // Jeans Kohl's: SO (Summer 2013, $8 Coupon + 50% off) // Shoes DSW Adrienne Vittadini


Michael and I spent the day at the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium! It was the perfect day to go. The weather is so nice outside right now, and we saw several different baby animals! I took a video of the cutest baby jaguar, but I'm having trouble uploading it to my tablet. :( Here are photos of some of the other animals we saw today!

His arms are soooo long!

These napping kangaroos cracked me up :)

This mother was climbing up and down trees with her little baby hanging on around her waist!

White tigers are my favorite :)

I was thinknig something fishy ;)

I fed sting rays today! And by that, I mean Michael fed sting rays. I held shrimp out in my hand to the sting rays, and shrieked and ran away when they came too close. I did pet the sting rays, though. Like a pro.

After the zoo, we went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner! It was delicious. :) Michael had never been there before, and he was clearly not as excited as I was to draw on the tablecloth with the crayons the restaurant provided us!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Today I am thankful for. . .
  • Having Saturdays off with my husband! We've been together 3 1/2 years, but it wasn't until this past July that we both had jobs that didn't require us to work on weekends. I love waking up on a Saturday morning with no plans, eating freshly baked cinnamon rolls together, and then deciding "Hey, I saw a Groupon for the zoo. Let's go see some animals!" :D
  • God's creativity made evident in thousands of different animal species! From white tigers to giraffes to warthogs to galapagos tortoises, each animal is beautiful and unique and a wonderful creation of God's. :)
Thank you for reading!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment