Saturday, September 14, 2013

Black and Brown

Hi there!

Happy Saturday! :)

When I was younger, I remember hearing from somewhere that under no circumstances should black and brown be worn together (neither should black or navy blue). I was careful never to mix them because I didn't want to commit a major fashion faux pas that could easily be avoided. As I've gotten older,  I have come to realize that there are exceptions to most style "rules" and lo and behold, black and brown actually can be worn together. Most importantly, I've realized that I like mixing them!

 Shirt H&M (Fall 2012) // Skirt Wet Seal (2009-ish) // Belt Came with a separate dress // Boots Charlotte Russe (Summer 2013, $7.99 Clearance) // Earrings World Market

I bought this top from H&M last Fall when sheer material had become a major trend. I don't think sheer is going away any time soon, and I'm sure I'll be wearing it quite often this season! I bought the skirt a few years ago from Wet Seal. The material is super soft! The belt I am wearing actually came with a different dress. I rarely buy belts because I have so many that have come with dresses and skirts!


I also love the zipper on the back of this shirt. Little details like this make me happy! :)

This photo is a nice little reminder that I need to cut that tag! :P

All photos in this post were taken by my beautiful sister! Hi Amy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment