Friday, September 20, 2013

Casual Friday 9/20

Hi there!

I like keeping busy.

That is something I've learned about myself this year. The first half of this year I was finishing up my last semester at college, working 30 hours a week, and planning my wedding. Then I graduated college, got married, and boom all of a sudden, all I have to do is go to work?? OK, it's for 40 hours a week now, but still. I didn't know what to do with myself when I got home and didn't have homework or wedding planning to do. I've had to find other ways to keep myself busy the past couple of months. That's a big reason I started this blog.

Another way to keep myself occupied? Mixing "busy" patterns together, like floral with stripes. ;)

 There's that necklace again! I'm obsessed!

The reason these pieces are able to work together is that black is the predominant color of both the top and the blazer. It helps tie them both together. I added the statement necklace so there is a focal point for the eyes to rest on instead of bouncing around between both patterns.

Top & Cami Wet Seal // Blazer Target (Winter 2013) // Jeans Macy's: Silver Jeans Co. (Spring 2013) // Shoes DSW: Adrienne Vittadini (Winter 2013) // Necklace Etsy: JGirlsJewels ($17, Winter 2013)

Another accessory of mine today? A big smile because today is Friday! Hooray the weekend is officially here! :D


I know I just got frozen yogurt last night, but I found another deal for tonight! There is a yogurt shop nearby that was giving out free yogurt and toppings as part of their grand opening celebration. Free. Yogurt. I can't pass that up! My sister and I went there to get our froyo on, and stood in line for 30 minutes. It was one of the longest lines I've ever stood in, and the nerd in me couldn't help but think that the Opportunity Cost of standing in line for this yogurt was more than the yogurt was actually worth. But ah well, we eventually got some and it was delicious!

My name is Katie, and I am a froyo addict. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment