Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pumpkin + Apple = Love

Hi there!

My dad's birthday was earlier this week, so today my family came together to celebrate it! :) Every year, my mom makes him a banana cake that is super delicious! It is made with a yummy filling that consists of coconut and pecans. My husband, Michael, does not like the taste of coconut at all (crazy, right?), so what does my mom do? Make him his own separate cake, of course!


Isn't she silly?!

Later this afternoon, my sister and I hit up the mall! Whether or not I buy a single thing, the mall is my happy place. :) I could window shop all day long! Today I had some great luck at Bath and Body Works. I love their large 3-wick candles, but they're usually $20 a piece. Today they were 2 for $22! And Bath and Body Works has several new pumpkin scents out this season! They all smell delicious, but I limited myself to only two: Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Pumpkin Apple. I thought "Pumpkin Apple" sounded pretty weird, but I love it! I'm burning it right now, and my apartment smells amazing!! :)


My apartment may now smell like Fall, but the weather sure doesn't feel like Fall yet! I desperately want it to though, and when I got dressed this morning, I tried pretending that it was. I have to admit, I was pretty dang warm all day. 

Top Goodwill: American Rag // Cami Wet Seal // Jeans Kohl's (Summer 2013, $8) // Boots Wet Seal (2009?) // Earrings Nordstrom (2011)

The top I wore today is black with teal leaves and orange flowers all over it. I wore a bright blue camisole underneath to help the teal leaves pop. I also accessorized with these orange earrings because I felt that they matched the orange flowers perfectly!



No comments:

Post a Comment